Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter

This year we spent Easter weekend at home, just the three of us.  I think this may have been the first year that we didn't go out of town for the weekend, or have anyone up here.  We definitely missed our families but it ended up being a really great weekend.  On Friday we kicked it off with an Easter egg hunt with our church.  This was Mady's first Easter egg hunt and she had a great time! She caught on pretty quickly on what it was all about and we came home with a ton of eggs!  It was a great time with great friends.





Dropping them off and going back for more

Think she has enough?

Mommy, I'm done!


Saturday I volunteered at the church for the 5pm service and then we headed out for a yummy dinner and then to see some friends and watch some basketball!  Easter Sunday we started the day with an awesome service at 121.  Wow, they did a great job!

I cooked a ham for the first time, all by myself, along with wild rice, asparagus, mashed potatoes and rolls for dinner!  Yes, be impressed, haha.  Then we ended the day with some time at the park.







While we kept busy throughout the weekend we did make sure we kept the meaning of this Easter season on the forefront of our minds.  One thing that has stuck with me from the sermon on Sunday was a question our pastor asked: Jesus considered us worthy to die for, so do we consider Him worthy to live for?

That's a great question to ask, and while I say, absolutely yes! I admit, sometimes, my actions don't always reflect that.  But I know that's ok, because we aren't perfect.  We are works in progress, and if we allow it, God can mold us into the people He created us to be.  Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment